Monday, June 18, 2012

Lazy Girl's Cooking

I hate to cook. Cooking, to me, is a chore. It has to be done, but it isn't something that I enjoy. Tonight, however, my daughter said that she wanted to help. I have to give her credit, she is a big help when it comes to the kitchen! We added a little music courtesy of my Pandora app (Summer Oldies station) and we had a nice little time!

Here is what we made:



It was delish!

Here's how we did it (remember I am not a cook...this is the lazy girl's guide to a good dinner!):
Ingredients:
Turkey bacon (1 slice per piece of chicken)
Chicken breast
Salt
Pepper
TexJoy's Mesquite shake


We got chicken breast, not tenders, so we cut them to smaller tender-sized halves and sprinkled with a little salt and pepper, and some mesquite shake. The wrap turkey bacon (because it's better for you!) around each piece of chicken. Next heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until it is browned on both sides. EASY!

We served with some rice-a-roni and tomatoes.

My girl had a blast wrapping the bacon around the chicken and felt like she was really cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment