Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shopping Therapy

If you haven't already noticed, August is here. I tried digging in my heels and hanging on to July, but I couldn't stop the eighth month from showing up. If the triple digits aren't enough of a reason to dread August, we go back to work this month too. We have days before it is time to go back.

But, as one of my favorite musicals reminds us, "Always look on the bright side of life." And in doing that, I am trying to remember that I can look forward to wearing all the fun outfits that I don't wear in the summer. In the humid south, we just wear as little as possible in order to keep cool. So I do miss putting together outfits and dressing for work. (Probably the one of the only things I miss about the school year!)

So I'm putting myself in a better mood by letting my personal shoppers find me something fabulous! "What," you say. "How on earth can a teacher/single momma, who can't even afford a yard boy, mind you, afford a personal shopper?" Well, enter stitch fix.

You've heard of online shopping (duh), but have you heard of online PERSONAL shopping? A company out of California advertises that it can provide personal shopping services through the internet. I have ordered four "fixes" from them, and have been both excited and disappointed. Whether the clothes are worth keeping or not, I always have so much fun!

Let me explain: for stitchfix, you fill out a short 'style survey' so they can assess your personal style. Then, when you're ready, you order a 'fix'. A fix comes with five pieces that are 'hand picked' for you. You pay no shipping (either way) but do pay a fee of $20 that is applied to whatever you want to keep. If you want to keep all five, they give you a 25% discount.

It is fun because, well, it's like Christmas! It's a complete surprise as to what they send. It's convenient because you can try it all on at home, with your accessories to make sure you have the perfect pieces to style the outfit. It's easy because whatever you don't want, you put in the envelope they provide and send it back. You don't even have to go in the post office!

So today, in order to shake my back-to-school-blues, I ordered my next fix. Stay tuned to see what they sent me!

If you want to try stitch fix NOW, then please follow this link. I get (and you can too) $25 for every friend that I refer! So use the link, please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment