Friday, August 17, 2012

StitchFix Review

Today I received my 5th fix from the online personal shopping experience known as StitchFix.

Stitchfix sends you a box of five hand-selected items of jewelry/accessories/clothing pieces. You try them on in the convenience of your own home, with your own shoes and accessories. I love that I can make sure I've got the perfect shoes/handbag/skirt to pair with each item! You can also grab your best girlfriends and have a fashion show!

It's free shipping both ways, but they charge a $20 styling fee that will be applied to whatever you keep. If you want to keep all five items, you get a 25% discount! That's a great deal! Believe me, I teach math! ;)

Each piece comes with a little styling card to show recommended ways of putting it with what you have:

This round, I received 3 dresses and 2 tops. I put that I really like dresses, so you could customize what they send you if you are not a dress-lover.

They also include a little gifty for ordering. I've gotten post-its, lip balm, etc. For my fifth fix they sent mints.

Here is the breakdown:
BB Dakota Dress $105
This dress was just too expensive. It was too short, and though it could be worn with tights, I couldn't wear it to work that way.
19 Cooper Dress $75
I wanted so much to like this dress! It has pockets! I love having pockets in a dress or skirt! As soon as I put it on, my eight-year-old told me, "It looks like you're in a robe." And she nailed it. That is exactly what it looked like! Sending this back!
Jaloux Tank Top $59
They called this a "flared back" top. Much like the picture shows, the 'flares' showed on the side, making me look wider than I am. I am also opposed to silk, because I am too practical (lazy?) to have anything dry cleaned.
Mink Pink Dress $62
I am a big fan of black in a wardrobe, but this little number from Mink Pink was sooo short! The cut out along the bottom made it seem even shorter (and show even more leg). Again, not really great for teaching teenagers!
Jaloux Tunic Top $80
I might be keeping this one. It was really long and baggy, so I belted it and put it over skinny jeans. What do you think? I'm wondering if it isn't too long still? How would you style it differently? Is it worth keeping? Keep in mind I still can't wear it to school (jeans are a Friday only kind-of-thing). Grr.

If you like any of what you see, you can request it in your next box from Stitchfix! AND if you haven't tried Stitchfix, you can use this link to sign up! Signing up is easy, fill out your info, take a style survey (so they know what you like, your size, etc.) and schedule a 'fix'!

If you do sign up and blog about what you receive, please leave a comment and let me know! I love to check out what others get and how you decide to style it!

Happy shopping!

5 comments:

  1. cool dresses

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the super sweet comment and for checking out our blog! We've never heard of stitchfix; it sounds like a really interesting concept! That's too bad the dress seem a bit short, but we really like the white tunic. Probably would pair it with some black skinnies or black leggings and slouchy boots! :)

    xox
    Kathryn & Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Stitchfix is so much fun! If you try it, use the link I provided (if you don't mind) because I get credit for anyone I refer. Thanks for the advice on the tunic! I will try that!

      Delete
    2. Awesome we definitely will use that link if we sign up! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete